THE PEOPLE WHO ATTEND CAUCUS DECIDE WHO WILL RUN THE GOVERNMENT.
THE PEOPLE WHO ATTEND CAUCUS DECIDE WHO WILL RUN THE MAJOR PARTIES.
GOVERNMENT OF THE PEOPLE
Begins with YOU at your GOP CAUCUS!
Saturday, March 7, 10 a.m.
At the Precinct Caucus, party members talk with their neighbors to begin the process of choosing leadership for their party and representatives for their government. Caucuses are government mandated and regulated meetings, but they are for conducting the private business of the parties. The PCP’s and delegates elected at these meetings will hold legally recognized political positions and will make decisions that will impact Colorado's future.
CONTINUE READING HERE
At each Precinct Caucus meeting, these people will be elected:
2 Precinct Committee Persons who:
• Help determine the leadership team of the County Republican Party for two years by voting in Central Committee elections for officers and Bonus Members.
• Participate in determining the overall direction of the party by voting on resolutions and bylaws
• Vote for District Captain, along with other precincts in that district
• Remain engaged with the County Republican Party and Republicans in their precinct, communicating with them and ensuring that they cast their votes in the general election.
Delegate(s) and Alternate(s) (The number to be elected is apportioned per precinct) who:
• (Delegates who don’t attend Assembly are replaced by their Alternates.)
• Vote to delegate the Republican candidates at County Assembly.
• Are strongly encouraged to attend corresponding State House District and State Senate District Assemblies and vote to delegate the candidates in those Districts.
• May run to be a Delegate to their Congressional District Assembly and/or the State Assembly; these delegates will be elected at the County Assembly from amongst the delegates and alternates.
Caucus attendees may sign up to be first in line for election jobs, or volunteer to be GOP Election Watchers.
For a very detailed description of exactly what happens at each Precinct Caucus, go to the Colorado GOP website, https://cologop.org/. In the menu, hover over the 2020 State Convention tab and in the drop-down menu, click on Sample Script – Precinct Caucus. There you will see the Precinct Caucus Meeting Objectives, and a complete script for the Caucus Meeting Chairman to use to run the Caucus.
Here are a couple of videos that former State Senator Kevin Lundberg created when he was running for State Treasurer in 2018. They contain some information that is out of date, but the content about the importance of the precinct caucus is still pertinent.
THIS VIDEO is 12 minutes long. Remember, this is talking about the 2018 caucus, but is still relevant.
THIS VIDEO is also from 2018. It has additional content and runs 22 minutes. Please watch it to hear many passionate Republicans, including myself and David Barton, talk about the importance of caucuses!