The Colorado Independent Congressional and Legislative Redistricting Commissions were established by Amendments Y and Z in 2018 to draw Colorado's congressional and state legislative districts. Congressional District 8 was added in 2021 https://redistricting.colorado.gov/
Regarding the newly added Congressional District 8, this is how I believe the Colorado Republican Committee (CRC) bylaws SHOULD be interpreted:
CRC Bylaws Article XVI
Section F. Effects of Reapportionment.
1. Following the addition of a (NEW CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT), the party central committees for each such NEW (DISTRICT) shall be called to meet for the purpose of electing a chairman, vice-chairman, and secretary, selecting a vacancy committee and adopting bylaws – (FOR THE NEW DISTRICT). The call (was) issued by the following party officers:
a. For a single county… (does not apply to the NEW DISTRICT CD8)
b. For (NEW) multi-county districts (CD 8) - by the current presiding officer of the county party of the county with the largest portion of the disrict’s [sic] population, according to the last federal census, or his designee, after consultation with the current chairmen of other counties wholly or partially within that (NEW) district.
c. If no call is issued… (doesn’t apply.)
2. The person calling the (NEW DISTRICT) meeting presides until pro tem chairman is elected...
3. The (NEW DISTRICT) meeting shall be governed by… (CRC) bylaws, (Appendix B)…
4. The (NEW DISTRICT) meeting may be held in person, in an electronic format, or…
5. In the 1st year after the boundaries are changed (Reapportionment, with the addition of CD 8), if the (NEW CD 8) district central committee has not been organized forty days before the date of the precinct caucuses, the central committee of the county with the largest portion of the population according to the last federal census (IN THE NEW DISTRICT) shall adopt rules for representation and apportion the number of delegates. (SO THAT THE NEW DISTRICT HAS REPRESENTATION IN EVERY APPROPRIATE DISTRICT AND THE STATE,) The chair of said county (THE LARGEST COUNTY IN THE NEW DISTRICT), after due consultation with the chairs of the other counties having precincts within the (NEW) district, shall issue the call for the (NEW) district(‘s) assembly and, if the (NEW) district central committee has not been organized fifteen days prior to the assembly, (THE CHAIRMAN OF THE LARGEST COUNTY IN THE NEW DISTRICT SHALL) preside over its meeting.
(Note: This subsection does not apply to CD8, as they have been organized in time for caucuses, and it clearly doesn’t apply to every District in the state.)
The Call was correctly issued for the Organizational Meeting for CD8 and it was held on Thursday, December 16, 2021.
HERE are the Minutes from the meeting.
Following is the letter from the new Congressional District 8 Chairman, Anil Mathai, with copies of the .pdf files he attached to the email linked to the PS paragraph:
Thursday, December 30, 2021
Date: December 30, 2021 at 11:59:47 AM MST
Cc: (Vice Chairman, Secretary, Bylaws Committee Chairman)
Subject: Chairman's Update and CD 8 Official Call for January 20, 2022 Special Meeting
Dear Congressional District 8 Republican Party Central Committee:
I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas!
My name is Anil Mathai and as the newly elected Chairman of Congressional District 8, I am honored to lead a team of Principled, Constitutional loving, Patriotic Republicans who are dedicated to achieving victory in 2022.
Serving with me will be Vice Chairman, Kaarl Hoopes and Secretary, Lyndsay Buxman. Ben Nicholas will be serving as our Bylaws Committee Chairman. Ben’s cross-county team consist of Charles Bonniwell (Adams County), Cody Leblanc (Weld County), and Chris Morrissey (Larimer County).
We are honored to help you lead our new Congressional District to Victory in 2022 with Courageous Republicans who will fight for our Constitution, our Conservative Republican platform & values, and for our Congressional District, State, and Nation via our collective time, talent, and treasure!
As a team, we are already at work organizing our new congressional district:
• Submitted our Official CD 8 filing to the CO SOS and COGOP. (See attached list of CD 8 Central Committee members)
• Looking at venues for our 2022 CD 8 Assembly (late March in Adams County).
• Preparing for our CD8 Special Meeting (for adoption of our new Bylaws) on 20 Jan 2022. (See attached call and draft bylaws)
• Identifying patriot volunteers for various committees and roles. (Ongoing)
As we move forward into the new year, I want to wish you and your family a great New Year and many blessings throughout. Let us continue to fight together for our Constitution, our Conservative Republican platform & values, and for our Children! Together we will win by promoting "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" in CD 8, across our state, and across the greatest nation in the world! God Bless You and God Bless America!
Chairman - Congressional District 8 Republican Party