Photo: OPT OUT - We Can Do It! Randy Corporon, Ben Nicholas, Marilyn Harris, Anil Mathai, Laurel Imer, Peg Cage, and Vicki Tonkins.
On Saturday, September 18, 2021, you, and several hundred Republicans, will decide the fate of the Republican Party.
We have a unique opportunity to flip the script and do something that other states, like Virginia, have done to ensure they nominate electable candidates while fighting to maintain election integrity throughout our nomination process.
We get to decide whether to opt out of the open primary system that is currently run by corrupt Democrats and unduly influenced by left-wing unaffiliated voters.
After doing all the research and hearing both sides, for me the conclusion is very clear…
We must opt out now.
This decision shouldn’t be taken lightly but given all the facts, this is the right decision that will lead to better election outcomes for our party.
We haven’t won a statewide election race since 2014.
Since the adoption of open primaries, our candidates have been unsuccessful in gaining election victories. Our party has tried this failed experiment more than once and now is the time to change course before we suffer another defeat in 2022.
Do yourself a favor. Please visit www.electionintegrityfight.com
Learn more about the issue and see why this is the first best step in making certain that Republicans win again while fighting to secure our elections.
With corrupt Democrats, like Secretary of State Jena Griswold, stopping every attempt to audit our election systems, it’s clear they have something to hide. We shouldn’t leave anything to chance.
We must opt out now, and by doing so our party will benefit in the following way:
- We will have peace of mind that no dishonest Democrat had undue influence on the selection of our Republican nominees.
- We will know that only Republicans got to honestly choose their Republican nominees, and not left-wing unaffiliated voters.
- We will ensure that vicious primary battles between Republican candidates will be limited to just our party and make certain that any mudslinging wasn't spread to a larger general election audience.
- We will prevent dark money and out-of-state interests from interfering in our nominee races, and buying election victories for the benefit of special interests, while incentivizing all Republican candidates to get to know the grassroots and base of our party.
- We will allow our nominees to be selected sooner than Democrats so our candidates will have a jump start on campaigning to general election voters.
Don’t be deceived by naysayers who are more concerned about what the liberal media thinks. Republicans could find the cure for cancer and the liberal media would still publish negative stories about us.
We also shouldn’t be worried about what extreme Democrats will say about our party. They always lie about us, and we shouldn’t allow their lies to dictate our election strategies.
It’s a big step. Everyone knows that. So just in case you have any questions or concerns, you’re more than welcome to reach out to me before we vote on September 18, 2021.
Thank you for taking the time to consider this important issue and I look forward to chatting with you about it in the days and weeks ahead.
Colorado Republican National Committeeman